Introduce Yourself
3 3

24 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone!

I'm Steve, I've been skiing for the past 20 years, and working in the ski industry since 2003.  I love being in the mountains and getting on the slopes - I've skied in France, Italy, Austria, Andorra, Spain, USA, and Canada.

Hopefully by now you've joined the We.Ski community, so go ahead and introduce yourself, say hello, and join in.

Steve :D

1 person likes this

Hello everybody!

My name is Neirin, I have been skiing since I was 5 years old which works out to be about 16 years now and have fallen in love with everything to do with the sport. My experiences have been mainly in North America in some of the best ski resorts in world such as Jackson Hole, Mammoth Mountain, Lake Tahoe and Whistler. Unfortunately I have not had the chance to ski in Europe but that is definitely something I want to change in the near future. 

I'm also apart of the we.ski team and look forward to joining in on the chats, helping out with any questions, enquiries or just general chat!

Neirin :)

Hey Everybody! I'm Sarah and I am very new to skiing, I have only ever skied on dry slope but one day I will ski on real snow! I've joined the we.ski community to hopefully improve my knowledge of the ski world and learn some new things that will hopefully help me on my future skiing adventures! :P

3 people like this

22 hours ago, Sarah Hill said:

Hey Everybody! I'm Sarah and I am very new to skiing, I have only ever skied on dry slope but one day I will ski on real snow! I've joined the we.ski community to hopefully improve my knowledge of the ski world and learn some new things that will hopefully help me on my future skiing adventures! :P

Hello Sarah! I'm sure after a few weeks on we.ski you'll be an expert! :D

Hello!

I have been skiing for many many years and for many many more! My favourite ski resort is Aspen, Colorado but I have also skied in France and Austria. :) 

Laura

1 person likes this

Hello, I've managed to make a livelihood out of researching and writing about ski resorts year-round for the past 30 years. I live in scotland, close to the ski areas, although more often ski overseas. Im interested in climate change and run the website saveoursnow.com, I'm also interested in indoor snow centres and run the website snow365.com and I edit InTheSnow.com magazine ...so I try to keep busy. We.ski is a superb URL, good luck!

2 people like this

Hi @Snowhunter, welcome to We.Ski, glad you like the url!  It's been a challenge to get it online but looking forward to seeing where it takes us.  Loads of features on here so you can post photos and videos of the mountains, and share reviews and snow reports on the forum.

Enjoy!

Steve

Hi All, 

I enjoy skiing and boarding, not at the same time, lived for some time in the mountains, and now back in the grime of the city....

Cheers

Adam

Evening Folks,

Liking the website, let's hope we can get an interesting snowsports community going here.

A little bit about me...have been skiing for around 10 years now, mostly in Andorra, Austria and USA. Started off on a snowboard, but a broken wrist (sigh) encouraged me to try skiing and I never looked back (well with the exception of the occasional big powder day when my skiers thighs are burning like crazy and the odd snowboarder floats past effortlessly...) but in all seriousness I love my skis, love the mountains and am looking forward to joining in the general snowsports chat :-)

Edited by Grapas

Hi everyone

What a great site for finding like minded people. A little about me, I have been skiing for 25 years and I still love every minute of being on the hill.  I have worked in several countries and resorts over the years and I am currently living and working in Andorra.

Cheers

Hannah

Hi guys et gals!

The site looks really well!  Hope to see great things here!

Will continue to drop in and get the latest news.

T

Hi all im peter been skiing for about 15 yrs now done most of the big resorts in france and andorra also managed 10 days in canada.

I spend a lot of time organising 2 trips a year for our group of upto 18 people any help i can give with people organising a group trip i will gladly offer any of  my assistance/tips/experience

1 person likes this

Hi I'm Rob, I'm the co-founder of .ski.

I've been skiing since I was three. I spend a few years snowboarding but don't hold that against me. I like and ski in North America. I'm looking forward to seeing this community grow!

Shred On!

Hi, I'm Sylvia. 

I have been skiing since 1989, although until this year I had not skied since 2010.  I used to be  a dryslope instructor. 

I like skiing in small undiscovered resorts away from hordes of Brits! I have skied mostly in Europe, but I do like to ski in New England, where we ski a different small resort every day.

I can talk skiing for hours at a stretch so I am looking forward to some great discussions on this site!

Hey guys, Zoe here.  Just saying hello, look forward to joiing in the community.

I've been skiing since I was age 10 (quite a few years ago), have tried snowboarding too but didn't take to it that well so stick to skis now.

I've skiied in France, Andorra and Austria, but Austria is my fave, love the apres ski there and the mountains are great.

Hi We.Ski! 

My name's Jenny and after working a few seasons in Val D'Isere, I've returned to the UK to work for Ongosa who match skiers and boarders to their perfect guide or instructor. (So I still get to talk about skiing everyday!)

Therefore, hopefully I can be of help on any queries or topics that touch on snowsports professionals etc.

I also spend a lot of time in the Snowsports 'Twitter-sphere' and Facebook feeds, so of course will share anything that might be of interest to everyone here!

Hi all,

Owen here, pleased to meet you.  Long-time skier, now with two kids hitting the slopes too.  We've tried various resorts in France, a couple in Austria, and once in Bulgaria.

Already looking forward to Tignes 2017.

:D

Hi, Ned here, Not skied for many years but got the urge to go again. Likely the wife won't want to go so particularly interested in joining a group or filling a spare room in someones chalet.......Im house trained and can cook and enjoy a beer!!

1 person likes this

On 19/12/2016 at 0:48 PM, nedders said:

Hi, Ned here, Not skied for many years but got the urge to go again. Likely the wife won't want to go so particularly interested in joining a group or filling a spare room in someones chalet.......Im house trained and can cook and enjoy a beer!!

Hey Ned, welcome to We.Ski!

I'm in a similar position and not skied for a few years although the urge has been there the whole time! Where are you located?

Hello Everyone, I'm Kevin been skiing now for about 15 yrs, I ski with my son, Nathan who is 14 and he been skiing since he was 5...  He is very good as ,I'm just there in case something happens....lol  Mom does not ski 

We are from Lancaster Pa, ski at Seven Springs almost every Weekend, for a quick lap we do Ski Roundtop  in York Pa,